Investors in People
Are you already recognised as an Investor in People Organisation?
Are you ready to make the commitment to gain this recognition?
As the Coaching profession continues to gain more and more credence and recognition in the business arena, it is becoming increasingly, and arguably, naturally aligned with the HR Professional within the organisations. The HR profession and in particular, the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), have continued to demonstrate commitment to the Investors in People (IiP) standard as a prime driver of promoting and encouraging the development of their people.
We recognise the importance of having the continued development of its people, imbedded firmly into the culture of any successful organisation. We believe that IiP, when used and embraced to its full potential, is a very powerful tool capable of making this happen. When the fundamentals of IiP are recognised as an integral element of the organisations management process they are a perfect ‘partner’ to the use of well-focussed coaching programmes to achieve excellence and attainment of goals.
What do you need to Do?
As the deadline approaches for organisations to achieve recognition against the new (2004) version rather than the old/current (2002) version of the standard, consideration must be given to the changes.
Recognition against the 2004 version will be more challenging with some fundamental changes made to this version. One of these focuses on clearer senior level responsibilities for evaluating the development of its people against the defined company objectives and identifying the costs and benefits of the development activities.
How can we help?
TPG has over 10 years of experience in working with the IiP standard and has covered most aspects of implementing the ethos of IiP into the management culture and systems of organisations.
We can work as an internal champion within both large and small organisations to drive them forward towards achieving recognition and embracing the ethos of the standard.
- We can work for the Quality Centres as a Lead Panel member, sitting on fixed and virtual panels to review the reports produced by the IiP assessors following their assessments of a diverse variety of both large and small organisations
- Assessors actually carrying out the assessments and producing the reports. This role also includes on going training and development for the use of the revised standard that was issued this year and becomes the current standard as of December 2005.
- We can assist in your evaluation of what changes you will need to make to your processes, culture and approach to meet theses new challenges.
- Contact us to discuss how we can help by:
- Visiting you to carry out an Investors in People Health Check
- Identifying any gaps that you have against the requirements of the new standard
- Explaining the process and timescales for gaining recognition against the new standard
- Working with you to prepare an action plan to take you forward towards recognition