Coaching for Success
Coaching Skills Certificate Training Programme
What is it?
‘Coaching for Success’ is an interactive combined approach, development program that introduces you to the key skills of coach to enable the development and successful performance of others.
The program comprises:
A 2-day practical workshop learning environment (with pre-reading, coaching style analysis and coaching toolkit);
Post-workshop action and development (with individual development actions, peer-to-peer coaching practice, group conference call, and one-to-one telephone coaching session).
When to use it?
Whether you are choosing to support the development of others, enhance your management style, or develop your daily interactions, ‘Coaching for Success’ is designed to build on your existing skills, and offer you the opportunity to develop a participative, flexible and engaging coaching style that supports the production of focused results. Incorporating pre and post session actions, this program allows practice and development of significant coaching skills in a supportive and safe environment.
Who is it for?
‘Coaching for Success’ is perfect for individuals wishing to enhance their communication skills when interacting with others, people managers, and for those whose role involves empowering and supporting the development of others.
What does the program cover?
- How to use coaching conversations everyday, saving time and getting results
- The ‘Coaching Toolkit’ for coaching success
- Definition of coaching and key skills
- Essential coach qualities
- Ethics and responsibilities as coach
- The coaching spectrum
- Your coaching style
- Communication skills
- The GROW Model
- Fundamentals of NLP
- Using NLP to create positive outcomes
- Empowering performance improvement in the workplace, giving and receiving feedback
Objectives By the end of this workshop you will be able to
- Define what coaching is and explain its role in the workplace
- Describe the key characteristics of your ideal coach
- Describe how to create a positive coaching environment
- Actively use coaching communication skills to successfully build rapport, listen, question, and feedback progress
- Use the G.R.O.W. Coaching Model to provide successful outcome orientated coaching conversations