Supply Chain Management
A specialist TPG consultant will conduct an audit to identify the current status of your systems, processes and procedures.
Around 60% of companies cost of is in materials, consumables and services.
Supply management is thus vital to controlling costs and boosting profits and yet purchasing is seldom seen as a core activity for many business’s.
As customers demand lower prices and improved levels of service, companies must change their approach in order to find new ways of working with their suppliers to minimise their costs.
The purchasing and supply chain management support service from TPG Training and Consultancy can help companies achieve a competitive position and to increase profitability.
Our Purchasing and Supply Chain Management review will benchmark your organisation’s buying practices, procedures and systems against Best Practice, make recommendations for improvements and prioritise actions.
We can also provide a fully managed solution to help you implement these recommendations over an agreed period of time.
- Benchmark against Best Practice and make observations on current methods of operation
- Assess current skills levels
- Recommend potential “non core” purchasing opportunities
- Discuss, recommend and agree practical and realistic improvements
- Conduct individual or group purchasing and supply chain management training
- Develop negotiating tools and techniques to suit your business
- Provide ongoing implementation resource
How long does it take?
The audit and recommendations phase usually takes between 3-5 days and ongoing support can be provided on a regular
basis, typically a day every one or two months for the next year in order to ensure good systems, procedures and practices are
bedded down into your operations. The time involved however, depends on the size and nature of your organisation and the
outcome of the initial audit.
Our Purchasing and Supply Chain Management Scheme can help your organisation:
- Achieve accurate and more competitive client pricing
- Institute Best Practice purchasing methods and procedures
- Improve negotiating skills, tools and techniques
- Create a better working relationship with suppliers
- Better evaluate your company’s overall true purchasing costs
- Reduce administration costs
- Evaluate and modify current supply chain management practices and procedures
- Save money